Described as 'first rate' by The Legal 500, Lucy is a solicitor and partner heading up the 'brilliant' Harrowells family law team.
'Sympathetic and understanding with clients both Lucy Phipps and Amy Foweather have a great understanding of the dynamics surrounding Family Disputes involving children.' Referee recommendation quoted in Legal 500
Lucy graduated from Lancaster University with a triple major honours degree before pursuing a career in Law. She has worked in family law since 2007 and joined Harrowells in 2017 from a leading national firm where she was made a partner in their central London office in 2015.
Lucy specialises in complex financial settlements, pre-nuptial agreements and disputes regarding children. She has considerable experience of representing clients in demanding, senior level positions such as business owners, corporate executives, farming and agricultural landowners, professional footballers and TV personalities.
Lucy is commended by her clients for her attention to detail, her tenacity and determination to get the best for them. Whether her clients want to resolve matters amicably, or if their case heads into Court, Lucy will adapt her style to get the very best for them.
Some recent client testimonials
'I would like to pass on my thanks to you for all the support and guidance provided during this difficult time. I appreciate your honesty and clear guidance given and, without your help, I would not have got this far.'
'You have represented me brilliantly, have offered very astute insight and counsel, and I have felt really supported by you. You've undoubtedly been the best 'fit' of a solicitor for me.'
‘Lucy Phipps was without doubt a very serious match for the opposing solicitor and a well experienced, calm, cool and highly professional representative for me. I am convinced that without her wise counsel, the outcome would have been very different and not as fair.’
‘Lucy, I would like to thank you for your support throughout my case. Your expertise and timely responses really helped me to focus on managing the family rather than trying to deal with all of the issues surrounding my divorce.’
Lucy's areas of expertise:
- Negotiating financial settlements involving property, land, pension and complex business structures
- Advising farmers and agricultural clients on how to protect their assets
- International divorce settlements & cases involving overseas property & assets
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Arrangements for children (custody, residence, contact, parental responsibility)
- Parental Alienation
- Allegations of abuse and obtaining protective injunctions
- Domestic and International relocation of children
- Disputes between unmarried/cohabiting couples
- Financial provision for children (Schedule 1 claims)