If you have registered a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) since September 2019, then we strongly recommend that you also register your paper LPA document online. Here is our nutshell guide on the merits of online registration. What is the advantage of...
Buying & Selling Property
It is often said that buying and selling property can be amongst the most stressful experiences in your life – but it doesn’t have to be so.
Award winning conveyancing solicitors
Our proactive and supportive approach is award-winning. We scooped 'North East and Yorkshire Conveyancing Firm of the Year' at the Law Firm Services National Conveyancing Awards three years running and won 'Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year' award in 2018.
As conveyancing solicitors, the secret of our success is that we are:
- Proactive – we are dedicated to keeping your transaction moving
- Knowledgeable – we foresee potential pitfalls and deal with them
- Efficient – we use technology to support not replace our high service standards
- Secure – we are early adopters of best practice in cyber security
The cost of not doing it properly
When selecting your conveyancing solicitor, it can be tempting to go for the cheapest quote. Bear in mind the following:
- Conveyancing is about co-ordinating information, decisions and people - often to strict deadlines
- Transactions can easily fail because of a lack of proactive effort, resulting in wasted costs for buyers and a potential future loss of value for sellers forced back to market
- Poor professional and market knowledge can easily lead to unexpected delays, resulting in additional direct and ‘knock-on’ costs
- Anxieties and distractions mount if you have to chase your conveyancer
A proactive approach combined with genuine expertise makes a huge difference to the successful outcome of a property transaction
Janet Rhodes-Blangsted explains the benefits of using Harrowells’ award-winning conveyancing service.
Your matter will be looked after by a solicitor or licensed conveyancer or a very experienced conveyancing executive and all of our residential conveyancing staff deal exclusively with property transaction work. They regularly attend training and development courses concerning property law, cyber security, anti-money laundering and other relevant developments in the residential conveyancing market. Click the red 'Meet the team' button for more details about our conveyancing advisers.
Get a flavour of our services by reading some of the feedback given to us in recent months:
Pocklington office: 'Rachel Bourne was very efficient and explained everything in a friendly and easy to understand way.'
Thirsk office: 'Margaret Permain - followed up every enquiry swiftly.'
Easingwold office: 'Sue Richardson was very professional and personable. Felt very supported during the whole process.'
If you are looking to buy a property from a developer of new homes then find out more about our specialist team looking after new build properties.
Our award winning conveyancing solicitors can arrange meetings at any of our local offices in York and across Yorkshire, so simply contact your nearest Harrowells office in York, St Saviourgate, Clifton Moor, Easingwold, Haxby, Pocklington, Malton, and Thirsk.