One of my employees is regularly absent for various different reasons. It’s never for very long – a day here, a day there – but he’s a key member of staff and it’s disrupting my business. It’s also annoying to other...
Professional misconduct and fitness to practice allegations
Whatever your relationship with your employer you may be subject to allegations about your professional conduct or your fitness to practice. Such allegations may jeopardise not only your current employment but the rest of your professional life and your livelihood with the potential loss of your registration or licence and the reputational damage that may haunt you in other careers.
Whether you are under investigation by your regulator, already subject to fitness to practice or disciplinary proceedings or whether you wish to challenge conditions or the refusal of your registration or licence, we are available to give you realistic and practical advice about the way ahead.
Whatever your issues with your regulator it is important that you get advice as early as possible as your responses to interviews and allegations at an early stage, when you are under considerable pressure and in unfamiliar and often confusing circumstances, may significantly influence the ultimate outcome.
We can provide advice and support across a number of professional sectors including assisting other lawyers; accountants; nurses and midwives; doctors; HCPC registered professionals; and veterinary surgeons. We are completely independent and focused on you and your livelihood.
Whether it is giving advice on the potential outcomes of the allegations against you, attending in interviews, making written submissions and statements to your regulatory body on your behalf or representing you at a fitness to practice or tribunal hearing, you can be sure that our solicitors will be focused on ensuring the best possible professional future for you.
We provide frank advice and focus on delivering practical solutions for clients across different professions. We can advise and assist across a wide range of regulatory regimes and investigations by regulatory and professional bodies including:
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- The Council for Licenced Conveyancers (CLC)
- The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEX)
- The Bar Standards Board (BSB)
Accounting and Finance
- The Accountancy & Actuarial Discipline Board (AADB)
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accounting (CIPFA)
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
Healthcare and Medical
- The General Medical Council (GMC)
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- The General Optical Council (GOC)
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- The General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- The General Dental Council (GDC)
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Office of the Transport Commissioner
- Trading Standards
- The Food Standards Authority (FSA)
- The Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO)
- Director Disqualification proceedings